Professional Care for Dialectic Behavior Therapy In Miami
Therapy is beneficial for many people. One of the main areas of specialization in our office is dialectic behavior therapy in Miami. If you or a family member thinks this form of therapy can help you or a loved one, talk with us about your options.
About Dialectic Behavior Therapy In Miami, Florida
Dialectic Behavior Therapy, which is also known as DBT, is a relatively new form of therapy that is designed to help individuals with borderline personality disorders. Here are some of the things you should know about this form of therapy:
- It has been expanded and revised to help and treat a variety of other kinds of mental health disorders.
- It has proven to be a great form of therapy for disorders such as eating disorders, depression, anxiety, relationship conflicts, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- It has become known for being a very diverse and effective form of therapy for many people with many different therapeutic needs
To learn more about how dialectic behavior therapy can potentially help you, give us a call to discuss your current situation. Each person has unique needs and we can discuss your therapy options.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Initially borderline personality disorder was used as a term to refer to refer to patients who were difficult to diagnose and exhibited a mixture of neurotic and psychotic symptoms. In other words, “borderline” meant being on the border between two conditions. People with borderline personality disorder tend to have difficulty regulating moods and often engage in self-destructive behavior. They experience instability with moods, behavior, self-image, thinking, and relationships.
The 9 signs of borderline personality disorder include:
- An intense fear of abandonment
- A pattern of unstable intense relationships
- Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image
- Paranoia and loss of contact with reality
- Impulsive and risky behavior, such as sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
- Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury
- Wide mood swings
- Ongoing feelings of emptiness
- Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
How Kalsner Can Treat Borderline Personality Disorder with DBT
WebMD states clearly that “The American Psychiatric Association has endorsed DBT as effective in treating borderline personality disorder.” At Kalsner Psychology Center we offer a variety of DBT options in Miami. These include individual DBT, group DBT, and DBT-Child therapy.
The doctors at Kalsner Psychology Center concentrate on working with a patient to reinforce positive behavioral changes, concentration on behaviors such as distress tolerance, emotion regulation, mindfulness, and interpersonal effectiveness. Typically, the DBT in Miami we offer works through 4 stages, beginning with the treatment of self-destructive behavior and working towards creating a situation where the client focuses on creating a life that focuses on promoting more personal joy, self-esteem, and building positive relationships and connections.
There is increasing evidence that DBT can assist with issues such as:
- Mood disorders
- Binge eating
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
A Brief History of DBT and Marsha Linehan
Dialectic behavior therapy is a type of psychotherapy that combines behavioral science with Buddhist concepts such as acceptance and mindfulness. It was created by American psychologist Marsha M. Linehan in the 1980s. DBT is a modified form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and is and evidence-based psychotherapy.
Why Choose Us For Dialectic Behavior Therapy in Miami?
As fully licensed and professional psychologists, we have the experience, resources and the right approach to help people in Miami the right way. Your wellbeing is always our number one priority and we are more than willing to work with you to develop a comfort level and therapy plan that will help you overcome your issues.
Miami residents also come to us we are dialectic behavior therapy experts, we have a great reputation in the industry and because we offer a wide ranges of services and not just dialectic behavior therapy in Miami. Some of the benefits of choose to work with our experienced team of therapists include the following:
- Kalsner Psychology Center is a member of the only intensively trained dialectic behavior therapy team
- We offer highly effective dialectic behavior therapy groups
- We are fully licensed psychologists who have a passion for therapeutic work
- We offer individual therapy sessions to address specific needs
- We offer afternoon and evening sessions for adults and adolescents
- We offer therapy around four core modules core mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness
- We also offer other forms of therapy, including couples counseling, behavior management, parenting skills, individuals and group therapy, and play therapy
- We are here for you, provide the support you are looking for, and you can always count on us
If you or a loved one would like to learn more about our Dialectical Behavior Therapy sessions, have questions or concerns, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions.
Is DBT and Kalsner Right For You? Contact Us Today to Begin Your Healing Process.
The licensed psychologists at Kalsner Psychology Center have extensive experience working with adolescent and adult patients and using DBT in Miami to treat severe anxiety, depression, eating disorders and stress management.
Contact Kalsner Psychology Center if you have any questions about our DBT services in Miami, or would like a complimentary phone consultation.